“it is pure potential. Every ball or skein of yarn holds something inside it, and the great mystery of what that
might be can be almost spiritual”


--Stephanie Pearl-McPhee, Knitting Rules!: The Yarn Harlot's Bag of Knitting Tricks

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Showing a Little School Spirit

I got a new job in November (well, I accepted the position in November, but I didn't actually start until January). I was incredibly excited to be moving on to bigger things. We moved from a rural area back to civilization. Don't get me wrong...I enjoy the country, but in small doses. Being from San Diego, I am a girl who appreciates having people around and the conveniences of being in a city. I love having library branches nearby, cultural activities to do, and a grocery store that is closer than a twenty minute drive away.

All of this is getting me side tracked. After I got my new job I really wanted to crochet a hat with my new school mascot, but I had been so busy with all of my other activities, I just hadn't had the time to do it. I finally made the time last weekend, and I really love the result. Just look at that Bearcat claw!

 
It is sitting on my bookshelf in my classroom, and I have already had multiple student requests to make them one. As much as I love them, that just isn't going to happen. I may, however, have something in the works to make some as a fund raiser...we'll see what happens. I really would like to design and make a blanket that I can use for football games next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment