“it is pure potential. Every ball or skein of yarn holds something inside it, and the great mystery of what that
might be can be almost spiritual”


--Stephanie Pearl-McPhee, Knitting Rules!: The Yarn Harlot's Bag of Knitting Tricks

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Already Slacking...

I saw an idea on Pinterest that I love. Someone came up with the idea of creating a sky scarf by
collecting some blue, gray, and white yarns and knitting (I would crochet it) a row each day that matches the sky outside. If I had discovered this before Baby Bubba was born, I would have done it for the first year of his life, but since I only recently came across it, I decided to do it for the second year of his life. Then, I completely forgot to take note of the color of the sky today, the first day of the second year of his life. Fortunately, we went to the zoo today and I took several pictures, so I should have at least one with the sky. After all, it would be difficult to get the giraffes without the sky behind them. I need to set a reminder on my phone to check the sky each day. I need to figure out the best way to keep track. I'd like to think I'll be able to actually crochet a row each day, but that may not be realistic.
 

Gave BB his robot and his robot hat today. I haven't yet taken a picture of the robot hat, so I can't post it, but I can post the robot hat that I made him when he was born.
His new hat is blue and green. I wanted it to be similar, but not the same. He wanted to play with it, but it has button eyes, so I had to put it out of his reach. It really wasn't cold enough for it today anyway. It was a beautiful day.
 
Well, one year ago at this time I was moving to another room, trying to go to sleep, and since Hubby needs to get up early for work tomorrow (Spring Break is passing too quickly), I really should do the same right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment